Welcome to the 'Studio 7 Independent Film Festival'!
We are one of the only UK film festivals to offer distribution opportunities to independent filmmakers!
The festival is run and owned by Studio 7 Films Ltd. a fast-growing UK film production and distribution company. We are also proud to announce that we are sponsored by FilmFreeway and Prime Video!
We aspire to promote, recognise and support independent filmmakers throughout the world by providing a platform and opportunity to be seen by thousands and promote your brand, film, and talent. We welcome submissions from a range of genres including short films, features, documentaries, and animations.
Why choose Studio 7 IFF? 🎥
Not only are we aiming to create a community to help and celebrate independent film-makers and their creations, but we also want to offer more than that; we want to offer a stepping stone into the independent industry through marketing and VOD distribution. Through this, we aim to establish personal relationships with our submitters, as we always enjoy the opportunity to view your works, be able to celebrate your accomplishments in film, but most importantly help where we can!
How We Judge Your Project ⚖️
Our submissions are judged by an initial jury of international industry professionals. They rate each submission on various categories, some of them including ability, ingenuity, pacing, skill, and the level of production value (dependant on the budget). This helps them to decide which submissions make it into the final stage where the jury will re-watch the selected submissions to make sure we only pick the best quality films.
We only award the best independent films and filmmakers after an extensive evaluation process.
Our jury evaluates the level of quality, filmmaking and storytelling ability.
All winners and selected nominees will be given the option to have their film distributed by Studio 7 Films Ltd. through Amazon Prime Video. A great opportunity to have your film publicly placed on a prestigious VOD platform. You will also be sent “winner” and “official selection” laurels, to help market your film. All winners will also receive a digital certificate engraved with your film, name and “Studio 7 Independent Film Festival”. All selected and winning nominees will be contacted by the Studio7IFF team a month prior to the notification date for further information.
Rules, Terms & Conditions
To submit a film, you must have created the project yourself, own the rights or have permission from the owner of the content to submit the film to us.
Please read all the rules and requirements before submitting your project:
1. We do not accept any films made before 2016.
2. Any non-English language films must include English subtitles.
3. All fees are non-refundable.
4. We encourage Student filmmakers to submit but you must present a valid Student ID in order to benefit from the student discount.
5. Studio7IFF is not responsible for non-functioning films.
6. Studio7IFF is a competitive event and unless notified otherwise, all films officially selected are eligible for competition. Not all submissions will be selected for the Studio7IFF or for Distribution.
7. All submitted films are nominated and voted on by a jury of professionals working within the industry, especially from an independent point of view.
8. All and any genres are considered eligible for nomination into one or more competitive categories.
9. A fee is required upon submission (dependant on the deadline). For payment information, visit the FilmFreeway website.
10. The same project can be entered into one or more categories, but each category requires an entry fee.